Volunteer to help monitor the stream
You and some friends can volunteer to be a water monitoring team, checking stream conditions, assess stream health and collect data on aquatic biodiversity at defined sites each month.
Be a watchdog for the watershed and join the Water Reporter community for Elks Run!
If you see a problem, there are several ways to notify the appropriate person.
- Mike Zeto, Enforcement Officer of the WV Dept. of Environmental Protection at 304-926-0499, ext. 1324 or e-mail him at Michael.A.Zeto@wv.gov.
- Autumn Crowe, staff scientist for West Virginia Rivers Coalition, at 304-637-7201 or ACrowe@WVRivers.org.
- Potomac Riverkeeper Pollution Hotline: 302-POTOMAC – 301-768-6622.
- Emergency Spill Line: 800-642-3074.
- Open Dumpster and Litter Line: 800-5530