Volunteer to help monitor the stream
You and friends can volunteer to be a water monitoring team that checks stream conditions, assesses stream health and collects data at defined sites each month. If you are interested in regular monitoring, let us know in the contact form.
Be a watchdog for watershed problems
If you see a problem, there are several ways to notify local agencies and organizations:
- WV Department of Environmental Protection’s Romney Field Office: (304) 822-7266\
- The Administrative Assistant can direct you the proper Environmental Enforcement contact, or you may leave a message.
- WV DEP Emergency Spill Hotline: 1-800-642-3074
- WV DEP Non-Emergency Spill Hotline: (304) 926-0499
- Upper Potomac Riverkeeper Pollution Hotline: (443) 480-8970
- West Virginia Stream Watch App – You can also report pollution incident using the WV Stream Watch App. Instructions for how to download the app can be found here.